Home Travel Grants
FEBS YTF Awards
A limited number of FEBS Youth Travel Funds (YTF) Awards are available to support participation of early-career scientists in this event. Please check the Application section for further info.
These funds will cover the registration fee, and travel costs up to a maximum of 250€ EUR per person. The selection of applicants to receive FEBS YTF awards will be carried out by the Course Organizers, and approved by the FEBS Treasury Office according to the FEBS YTF eligibility criteria.
Applicants selected by the Course Organizers will be notified by July 10, 2023.
FEBS YTF applicant will receive a FEBS Treasury YTF form that has to be returned to the FEBS Treasury for approval approximately 8 weeks before the event's start date.
Eligibility criteria for applicants travelling from the FEBS area of Europe:
- The applicant normally should be not older than 35, and should be registered as a PhD student or should be a postdoctoral scientist within five years of having completed a PhD thesis (however, duly justified career breaks such as compulsory national service and parental leave may be considered);
- The applicant should be registered as a PhD student at an institute of higher learning in a country where there is a FEBS Constituent Society or should be a postdoctoral scientist working in a country where there is a FEBS Constituent Society (for FEBS Constituent Societies, see the Societies section of the website);
- The applicant must be a member of a FEBS Constituent Society and provide a valid certificate of membership (for FEBS Constituent Societies, see the Our Members section of the FEBS website);
- The applicant should not have received a grant from the Youth Travel Fund to attend a FEBS Course / Workshop in the current year or previous year, nor a Bursary to attend the FEBS Congress in the current year, nor a grant to attend the FEBS Young Scientists’ Forum in the current year;
- The applicant cannot be a resident of the country hosting the event;
- For awards with travel funding, only travel within the FEBS area from the applicant’s current country of residence to the country hosting the FEBS event is supported;
- Young scientists from the Organizers’ laboratories are not eligible for FEBS YTF awards.
Other travel grants
According to the agreement of FEBS with IUBMB, one trans-Youth Travel Fund Fellowship (trans-YTF) of maximum 1500 USD is offered by IUBMB to facilitate the participation of a selected participant from outside the FEBS area.
The chosen participant has to fulfill the eligibility criteria listed at the section For YTF awardees from outside the FEBS area on the FEBS Youth Travel Fund Grants pages to receive an IUBMB-trans-YTF grant.
https://www.febs.org/our-activities/advanced-courses/youth-travel-fund/Transcontinental YTF awards may be a maximum of 1500 USD per person and covers the full registration fee (or partially the registration fee where it is higher than 1500 USD) including accommodation and meals. It may also cover travel costs. Applicants need to provide evidence of their actual travel costs for IUBMB-trans-YTF.